Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Alzheimer's Ad Fame

After the Cupcakes, I worked with my manager to get as much free ad space as possible for this Alzheimer's Ad. If you mentioned the ad to almost anyone who read the WSJ, the knew which ad you were referring to. People took photos and posted on their blogs. Many wondered where this type of compelling ad was for their disease. It even got an honorable mention on The Alzheimer's Spouse Message Board. Adrants posted it , (yes the same Adrants that initiated Occupy Wall Street, I knew them before they were famous) and M3 gave it the Killer Ad of the Week Award. I got national free ad space in USA Today, Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Time Magazine, and the Atlanta Journal Constitution. The ad ran in the WSJ, until March of 2011--I got a total of $789,000 in free ad space. I worked to get this banner on our web page for end-of-year giving and wrote this letter, which was sent to our major donors.

No comments:

Post a Comment